Wedding season is fast approaching.
Now is the time to meet future brides and show them your portfolio. One thing I see a lot of people neglect is to ask the RIGHT question. Asking the right questions shows that you know what you are talking about. But to ask the right question, you have to actually hop on a phone call with the client.
I’m a strong believer that it’s easier to secure a booking via a phone call rather than a text message, an email or through instagram. Getting a one on one booking via social media is easy but booking a bridal party of 9 people is another challenge. Nobody is going to give you more than 1k for a makeup if they’ve never once talk to you (talking about regular people and not celebrities).
Here are 7 questions you must ask your future bride if you really want to secure that booking.
- What is the date of the wedding? At what time do you want to be ready?
First things first – nail down the logistics. Ask about the wedding date and time to make sure you’re available. It might seem obvious, but you’d be surprised how many details can get lost in the excitement.
- Where are you going to get ready? Where is the magic happening? Knowing the venue is crucial for planning. Different locations might have different lighting conditions, and you’ll want to be prepared with the right products and tools.
- How many people need their makeup done? Do you want the same makeup for everyone?
This is a game-changer. Understanding the size of the bridal party gives you insights into the scale of the job. It’s not just about the bride; it’s about creating a cohesive look for the entire squad.
- Are you used to getting your makeup done? Do you want something more natural or you want to go all out?: Dive into the creative realm. Ask about the overall wedding style and theme. Is it a classic and timeless affair or a boho-chic celebration? Knowing the vibe helps you tailor your approach and create looks that seamlessly fit into the aesthetic.
- Do you have any skin condition? Allergies?
Beyond the makeup, understanding the bride’s skincare routine and any allergies is crucial. You want to create a look that enhances their natural beauty and doesn’t cause any discomfort.
- Do you want to do a trial or do you want me to spend more time with you the day of the wedding? : Some brides swear by trial runs, while others prefer to trust your skills on the big day. Ask about their preference and explain the benefits of a trial run in perfecting the look and ensuring a stress-free wedding day.
- Do you want a touch up kit? Its not necessary but the lipstick usually is essential since there will probably be a kiss.
Murphy’s Law – if something can go wrong, it might. Inquire about the bride’s comfort level with having an emergency touch-up kit on hand. It shows you’re prepared for any unforeseen makeup mishaps.